Sunday, February 9, 2014

Just Watch Me!




I feel like a broken record.  My foot, my foot, my foot.  I'm sure you are sick of hearing about my foot.  I have good news.  This is the last post that I will ever mention my foot and it's problems.  I got the inserts.  I am on the mend.  The only thing I can't do is zumba for three more months.  I can exercise.  I can walk for exercise.  I can pretty much do anything I want.  Be smart.  Don't overdo if it is bothering me.  I got it!  Okay, DONE! 
 
Now, let's get to the side effects and the aftermath of the whole rehab issue.  For approximately ten weeks, I was sidelined.  I wasn't allowed to do much of anything as far as exercise went.  I didn't take it well.  I sulked.  I ate and drank most things bad for me.  We had the holidays in this ten weeks.  You get the picture, right?
 
I am now at a number on the scale that I promised myself I would never see again.  To say I am pissed would be putting it mildly.  I am ashamed of myself and embarrassed to boot.  Now what?????  Then I saw this......

Okay, true.  I started thinking.  I have done this before.  I know what to do.  I just have to start doing it again.  So, that is exactly what I am doing starting right now.
 
I have enlisted the helped of one of the most wonderful people I know.  She was the first person to get me motivated years ago when I really wanted to get serious about getting fit and healthy.  She was the one who helped me overcome my fear of being the fat girl at the exercise classes.  She doesn't judge.  Ever!  She has remained a fantastic friend who has my back when I need her most.  You have no idea how much you inspire and encourage me, Nicki!  I can never thank you enough for always being there for me. 
 
I have all the wonderful people at the studio where I work out.  Unfortunately, I feel like I am starting at square one again.  I am winded, weak and sore.  I've been through this before though.  Each week, it will get better.  I just have to keep pushing.  I'm sorry, Jen.  You'll just have to bear with me.  I'll get it back again.
 
Nicki has given me her menus and grocery lists.  I have a plan for my eating.  My wonderful husband is willing to go along with the plan as far as eating what I cook.  It's not a huge switch.  Just cleaner.  Lots of lean meats, veggies and fruits.  No crap!  All those rotten chips, crackers, diet coke, Bacardi and stuff like that....GONE!!
 
Starting today, this is the plan.  I will be working out at the studio four days a week.  I will be on the treadmill no less than the three days I'm not at a class.  I will eat right and not snack on anything but healthy food.  I will get enough sleep.  I will drink enough water.  This I can do.
 
I have a new mantra.   

4 comments:

  1. You go girl! I so need to do this too! Thank you for motivating me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just want to know why it has to be so hard as we get older??????

      Delete
  2. You're right, Nancy. It is harder as we get older but you've definitely got the right attitude. When you fall off the horse, it's important to get back on. So keep on keeping on. You'll surpass your previous best and this hiccup will be a lesson learned. And keep up the motivating posts! We all need them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Mary. I'd love for the weather to break and walk with you again. Streibel Pond, maybe?

      Delete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!